Merced Housing Texas
212 West Laurel St.
San Antonio, TX 78212
(210) 281-0238 (fax)
Susan R. Sheeran, President
(210) 281-0234, ext. 202
Kristin L. Davila, Vice-President/Treasurer, Director of Corporate Operations
(210) 281-0234, ext. 201
Jesse Flores, Jr., Program Manager
(210) 281-0234, ext. 207
OPEN POSITION: Resident Services Coordinator
July 29, 2016
Reports to: Resident Services Director
Compensation: $13.00 - $16.00/hr
Merced Housing Texas seeks a qualified Resident Services Coordinator (RSC) to work on site at a large apartment community in San Antonio to implement comprehensive social services programs to benefit residents. The RSC will work with the residents to create a sense of community that will develop a positive neighborly spirit through an awareness of common needs, and enhance individual support systems. The RSC will provide enrichment and educational activities for adults and children and increase awareness of local programs that target low-income families and individuals. The RSC will identify resident strengths and engage in culturally competent service delivery. To ensure a safe and supportive living environment, the RSC will work closely with property management staff to ensure the financial fitness of the apartment community.
Reports to Merced Programs Manager. Works in close collaboration with other Resident Services Staff and as a team with property management staff.
• Identify social service needs of residents.
• Assist with development and implementation of social service and educational programs for residents focusing on youth, health, education and employment, and financial literacy.
• Create a network of contact persons in community organizations to facilitate resident linkages and educate residents about available resources to facilitate access to these resources.
• Assist residents in building support networks to promote social cohesion.
• Work as team member with property management staff to promote the financial fitness of the property.
• Promote a sense of community at the property.
• Monitor on-going adequacy and quality of service delivery through diligent follow-up.
• Track outcome measures and prepare reports.
• Work in coordination with Merced Staff to produce monthly property newsletter.
• Keep a binder with sign in sheets and marketing materials for activities.
• Acquire and maintain equipment, supplies, and commodities used for on-site activities.
• Physical demands while performing the duties of this job include the ability to walk up and down two flights of stairs at a 200+ unit apartment community.
• Bachelor’s degree in sociology, psychology, social work, or anthropology; or experience in the provision of social services to low-income families.
• Computer literate (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook).
• Knowledge of community services designed for families, youth, and the elderly.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Good organizational and time-management skills.
• Easily able to work with a variety of people with a wide array of needs.
• Energy, enthusiasm and team-spirit.
• Experience working with youth programs.
• Flexible schedule to adjust hours to work some weekends and evenings, as needed.
• The ideal candidate must be a self-starter that works well with minimal supervision.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to Jessica@mercedhousingtexas.org.